Patchouli Essential Oil 10ml
Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Oil
Main uses: Lift mood and decrease anxiety
Properties: Sedative, antidepressant, antispasmodic and aphrodisiac
Blends well with: Ylang-Ylang and citrus based oils
Cautions: Needs to be diluted for topical application
Extraction method: 100% steam distillation
The patchouli plant is native to regions in Asia where it has been used for centuries in perfumes, incense, and alternative medicine. Its effect on acne, eczema, and severely dry skin has made it one of the best home remedies for skin care. Patchouli has cell-rejuvenating properties that can assist with anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory properties help in healing.
Patchouli essential oil has been a known aphrodisiac that stimulates hormones that boost the libido in both men and women, and can relieve depression and general feelings of anxiety.
- A natural anti-depressant
- Strong, sweet, spicy aroma
- An effective insect repellent
- Heals wounds and burns
- Helps heal scars
- Anti-aging and prevents premature aging
How to Use
- Essential oils have the natural ability to heal, soothe, and stimulate. With antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties, essential oils have a wide variety of uses.
- Sniff essential oils right from the bottle for an instant pick-me-up, to relive anxiety, or to induce relaxation. Add to carrier oil, such as jojoba, and use in a soothing massage. Place a few drops in diffuser to eliminate household odors. Add to cleaning products for more antibacterial and antimicrobial power. During cold and flu season, diffuse daily to stimulate immunity. Mix with carrier oil and apply to the skin to heal wounds. Add a drop or two to your face serum and apply daily to and protect skin against the signs of aging.
- Before applying to skin, do a patch test.
- How to patch test – Wash, clean, and dry the area on your upper arm near the crook of your elbow. Apply small amount of essential oil and cover with a bandage. Leave the bandage on for 24 hours, then remove and check for irritation. If skin looks clear and there is no reaction after the allotted test time, the oil is presumably safe to use. If you feel irritation at any time during the test, remove bandage and wash area with soap and water.