Tea Tree Essential Oil 10ml
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
Main uses: Antibacterial and anti-fungal activity
Properties: Antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulant and disinfectant
Note: Middle (To Top)
Blends well with: Clove and citrus blends
Cautions: Needs to be diluted for topical application
Extraction method: 100% steam distillation
Tea tree oil is extracted through steam distillation of the twigs and leaves of the melaleuca tree. Tea tree oil is known as a common cure-all for many infections and diseases. It has disinfectant properties that can kill microbes, viruses, and bacteria that cause illness. It can also speed up healing. Tea tree oil is excellent for use in skincare as it can reduce the appearance of blemishes and scars as well as age spots. Anti-aging properties reduce wrinkles and leave skin looking young and smooth.
- Medicinal and herbaceous scent
- Antibacterial and anti-fungal
- Eases cold and flu symptoms
How to Use
- Essential oils have the natural ability to heal, soothe, and stimulate. With antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties, essential oils have a wide variety of uses.
- Sniff essential oils right from the bottle for an instant pick-me-up, to relive anxiety, or to induce relaxation. Add to carrier oil, such as jojoba, and use in a soothing massage. Place a few drops in diffuser to eliminate household odors. Add to cleaning products for more antibacterial and antimicrobial power. During cold and flu season, diffuse daily to stimulate immunity. Mix with carrier oil and apply to the skin to heal wounds. Add a drop or two to your face serum and apply daily to and protect skin against the signs of aging.
- Before applying to skin, do a patch test.
- How to patch test – Wash, clean, and dry the area on your upper arm near the crook of your elbow. Apply small amount of essential oil and cover with a bandage. Leave the bandage on for 24 hours, then remove and check for irritation. If skin looks clear and there is no reaction after the allotted test time, the oil is presumably safe to use. If you feel irritation at any time during the test, remove bandage and wash area with soap and water.