Citronella Essential Oil 10ml
Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil
Main uses: Anti-inflammatory attributes and as an insect repellent
Properties: Anti-inflammatory, digestion, insect repellent and anti-anxiety
Blends well with: Lemongrass
Cautions: Needs to be diluted for topical application
Extraction method: 100% steam distillation
Citronella oil has been used as a natural insect repellent for many years, and its scent is common in candles and bug sprays. Citronella oil also has properties that reduce inflammation and pain when used as a natural pain reliever. Certain compounds in citronella fight free radical damage, protecting cells from disease and deterioration. Natural anti-fungal and antibacterial properties may assist with common skin ailments, such as athlete’s foot and acne. With its strong, fresh scent, citronella oil is the perfect all-natural kitchen cleaner and deodorizer.
- Citrus scent that’s slightly herbaceous
- Reduces pain and fever
- Natural insect repellent
How to Use
- Essential oils have the natural ability to heal, soothe, and stimulate. With antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties, essential oils have a wide variety of uses.
- Sniff essential oils right from the bottle for an instant pick-me-up, to relive anxiety, or to induce relaxation.
- Add to carrier oil, such as jojoba, and use in a soothing massage.
- Place a few drops in diffuser to eliminate household odors.
- Add to cleaning products for more antibacterial and antimicrobial power.
- During cold and flu season, diffuse daily to stimulate immunity.
- Mix with carrier oil and apply to the skin to assist healing wounds.
- Add a drop or two to your face serum and apply daily to and protect skin against the signs of aging.
- Before applying to skin, do a patch test - Wash, clean, and dry the area on your upper arm near the crook of your elbow. Apply small amount of essential oil and cover with a bandage. Leave the bandage on for 24 hours, then remove and check for irritation. If skin looks clear and there is no reaction after the allotted test time, the oil is presumably safe to use. If you feel irritation at any time during the test, remove bandage and wash area with soap and water.